2022 General Election
The 2022 speThe 2022 general election will take place on Tuesday November 8, 2022.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Register or update your registration at VoteOhio.gov. The last day to register is 11 October 2022. You will need: Ohio driver’s license or Ohio identification card, date of birth, address, last four digits of SSN. (Signature on ID is used for voter match.) OR Print the registration form, fill out and mail to the appropriate county board of elections. The addresses are at the bottom of this page. You may also find registration forms at the public library, BMV registrars, and numerous other designated agencies.
CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION AND PRECINCT LOCATION at VoteOhio.gov: Check your registration to make sure it’s up to date and that you know your voting precinct. NOTE: If you did not vote in the last election, this should be your first step.
- 1 October: Military and Overseas Absentee Voting begins
- 11 October: Deadline to Register to Vote
- 12 October: Absentee Voting by Mail begins (ends 7 November)
- 12 October: Early In-Person Voting begins
- 5 November: Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot (Noon)
- 7 November: Mailed absentee ballots must be postmarked by this date
- 8 November: General Election. Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- 8 November: If Not Returned by Mail, Absentee Ballots Must Be Received by Your Board of Elections by 7:30 p.m.
- 18 November: Last day for boards to receive mail-in ballots that have been postmarked on or before 7 November.
EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING HOURS FOR 8 NOVEMBER GENERAL ELECTION
- 12-14 October: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 17-21 October: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 24-28 October: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 29 October: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 31 October: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 1-4 November: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 5 November: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 6 November: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 7 November: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT: Once you have verified your registration, the Ohio League of Women Voters and other voting rights groups suggest you request an absentee ballot immediately. Print an absentee ballot request at VoteOhio.Gov, or follow the instructions to prepare a written request. Follow the directions carefully. In Block 7 the date of the election is 8 November 2022, and it is a General Election. Remember to sign and date and mail it to your BOE. Include a telephone number or email address in case there is a question about your application. You may monitor your request at VoteOhio.Gov by scrolling down to My Election and clicking on Track My Ballot. Double-click on your county and fill in your name.
NOTE: If you request an absentee ballot but then show up at the polls or the BoE to vote in person on election day, you will be required to file a provisional ballot
Click below to view the video showing how to complete an absentee ballot.
Greene County Board of Elections 551 Ledbetter Rd Xenia OH 45385-2600 (937) 562-6170 Montgomery County Board of Elections 451 W. 3rd St., Dayton, OH 45422 (937) 225-5656
You may monitor your request at VoteOhio.Gov by scrolling down to My Election and clicking on Track My Ballot. Double click on your county and fill in your name. by scrolling down to My Election and clicking on Track My Ballot. Double click on your county and fill in your name.
Vote by Mail Application: Do’s and Don’ts
Elections and Voting in Ohio: VoteOhio.gov
ACLU fact sheet: Voting with a criminal conviction
Judicial Votes Count: Statewide resource on judicial elections.
Election Protection website; also Voter Hotline, 866-OUR-VOTE
County Boards of Elections
Montgomery County Board of Elections:
451 W. 3rd St. , Dayton; (937) 225-5656
The Ballot Dropbox for Montgomery County Board of Elections is by the loading dock off Vista View, behind the Montgomery County building, between 2nd and 3rd Streets. See image to the right.
Greene County Board of Elections:
551 Ledbetter Rd., Xenia; (937) 562-6170
Also check out our main Voter Information page for more details on the voting process: registering, requesting an absentee ballot, changing your address, being prepared with accepted ID, etc.